Valentine's Day is around the corner and most of us are looking helter-skelter for gifts. Whether it is your boyfriend or your girlfriend, we all want them to feel special. Sometimes we wish to gift them something more than just materialistic things. Thus, there is no better way than quick and easy Valentine's Day recipes that you can easily cook up. You don't have to be a MasterChef to be able to fix these dishes, all you need is a little love!
Here's our list of easy Valentine's Day recipes to brighten your day!
Heart-shaped Boiled Eggs
Eggs are the quickest thing you can cook. You don't even need to have a culinary degree to be able to plate up these adorable heart-shaped boiled eggs. This is not only perfect but also an easy Valentine's Day recipe.
What you need: a hard-boiled egg, a strip of stiff stock paper, a single chopstick and rubber bands.
- Peel the eggshell off.
- Place the boiled egg boiled egg between the paper. Put the chopstick on top and press it downwards until it forms a depression.
- Secure the chopstick on either side using rubber bands.
- Let it stay for 10-15 minutes, then remove the rubber bands and the chopstick.
- Your heart-shaped egg is ready! Cut it in two.
If the procedure is too much of a hassle, you can even purchase an egg mould. If boiled eggs are not your partner's thing, you may even make a toad in the hole or a simple sunny side up in a heart shape! This amazing breakfast in bed will melt your partner's heart.
Chocolate coated Strawberries
Thankfully, Strawberries are always in season around Valentine's Day. Also, Chocolate and Strawberries are both well-known aphrodisiacs, so this is a deadly combo to get you in the mood. It's one of the most famous easy Valentine's Day recipes.
What you need: Fresh strawberries, Chocolate compound or choco chips.
- Rinse the strawberries and pat them dry. It is important that they are completely dry before you coat them with chocolate.
- Boil some water in a saucepan, put a Borosil (heatproof) mixing bowl on top of the saucepan. Add the chocolate chips or compound to the bowl.
- As the water boils, the chocolate will melt. Stir it every once a while until it is a smooth paste.
- Spread out a parchment paper.
- Hold the strawberry by the stem and dip it in the chocolate. Twirl it to get it generously coated. Take it out of the bowl and gently shake it to remove excess chocolate.
- Place the strawberry on its side and let the chocolate set. To speed the process, you may even pop these in the fridge.
Another cute way is to shape the strawberries in a heart.
Mocha Mug Cake
Mug cakes barely take any time. You can have them for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack, tea-time, or as a dessert! The Mocha Mug Cake combines the goodness of cake with the zing of caffeine. Your coffee-loving partner will go gaga over you. Top it with some Vanilla Ice Cream or Whipped Cream and you have a show-stealer.
What you need: Oil (1 tablespoon), Sugar (3 tablespoons), All-Purpose Flour (5 tablespoons), Cocoa Powder (1 tablespoon), Coffee liqueur, Choco chips, a drop of vanilla essence, and a pinch of salt and baking powder.
- Add all the wet ingredients in the mug, whisk the contents. Then mix the sugar and stir again.
- If you wish to add eggs to the cake (cakes with egg are moister) then beat it and mix it in the mug.
- Add the flour, Cocoa Powder, and salt. Keep whisking the contents of the cup to avoid any lumps.
- Finally, add the baking powder, give it a good stir. Top it with chocolate chips and pop it in the microwave for 75 seconds (on high)
- Test the cake. It should spring back when pressed. Now top it with either chocolate syrup, whipped cream, or ice cream.
Don't be afraid to try these easy Valentine's Day recipes. There are so many desserts that you can bake or fix an easy plate of spaghetti. From bread pizzas to edible jewellery, there is a world of possibilities available!