Olive oil is packed with several magical benefits for hair. Regular application of olive oil helps you get the lustrous and beautiful hair within no time. People know the benefits but sometimes they don’t know how to use olive oil. Look no further, I have written all about how to use olive oil for healthy hair and skin in this article.
Types of Olive Oil
Refined Olive Oils
Refined Olive Oils are processed chemically to neutralize the taste of the oil. This procedure may include not so good quality olives too and their bad taste gets counterbalanced in this procedure of refining the oils.
2. Unrefined Olive Oils
These oils do not go through the refining process. These oils are just extracted from the fruits and then bottled. In these oils, only good quality olives are used as they do not undergo the process of neutralizing the taste.
3. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
This is a form of unrefined olive oil that meets all the parameters of nice fruity flavors and has no taste defects. The extra virgin olive oil contains a higher amount of nutrients and provides superior health advantages.
Here we will discuss that how to use olive oil for beautiful hair and skin
Olive Oil for Healthy Hair –
Regular usage of olive oil will help you get healthy and beautiful hair. A mixture of olive oil and few drops of lemon juice helps you get rid of dandruff. It provides adequate moisture to the hair and diminishes dryness and frizz. Olive oil is a rich source of vitamin A and E thus provides required nutrients for the healthy hair. Use it at least once or twice a week, few hours before washing hair and it will provide a natural conditioning to your hair, making it softer, smoother and shinier.
Mix an egg with 5 spoons of olive oil. Whisk it and apply on hair as a hair mask. Cover your hair with a shower cap. Wash it off with a mild shampoo after half an hour. This gives instant shine to your hair and makes them look more lustrous.
Prolong use of olive oil reduces hair fall and makes them stronger. So, don’t miss to have this multipurpose oil in your hair care regimen.
Olive Oil for Healthy and Beautiful Skin –
- A spoon of extra virgin olive oil will give you ample of health benefits including beautiful hair and skin.
- After having a shower, massage your face and body with few drops of extra virgin olive oil. Leave it for 15-20 minutes and wash off with plain water. This routine gives a supple skin within no time.
- Add few drops of extra virgin olive oil in any homemade face packs and gain extra benefits.
- A regular face massage with olive oil diminishes aging signs, wrinkles and age spots.
- Applying few drops of olive oil on your lips and naval will help you get beautiful lips with natural shine as quickly as possible.
- Olive oil is also beneficial for cracked heels. Mix 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil with 2 teaspoons of petroleum jelly. Apply this mixture on cracked heels. Cover your feet with cotton socks. Keep it overnight, and see the difference very soon.
I hope this article was able to teach you how to use olive oil.