The Oscars are the most coveted awards in the world of entertainment. The golden lady is a symbol of highest accomplishment for any performer and artist. So when the Oscar Nominations 2018 are released, we cannot stop getting all hyped up for the main event!
The Oscar nominations 2018 were revealed by hosts Tiffany Haddish and Andy Serkis in the Samuel Goldwyn Theater situated in Los Angeles.
Some of the highlights of Oscar Nominations 2018 are:
- "The Shape of Water," a fantasy drama film, is leading the troupe with a bumper 13 nominations!
- "The Shape of Water" is followed closely by "Dunkirk," which has managed to rake up 8 nominations.
- Both movies are nominated for best picture.
- "Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri," is next with 7 nominations.
- Famous actors Gary Oldman and Denzel Washington are nominated for "Darkest Hour" and "Roman J. Israel, Esq." respectively.
- Meryl Streep once again features in the Best Actress in a leading role in her film "The Post." The veteran is up against the British actor Sally Hawkins from "The Shape of Water."
- Actress Octavia Spencer is also nominated for her performance as a supporting role in "The Shape of Water."
The singer turned actor, Mary J. Blige, is nominated in the same category for her film "Mudbound."
- In fact, she is also nominated for the best original song (Mighty River) from the same film. Thus, she makes history the first person to gain recognition in both acting and music at the Academy Awards.
- Amongst the directors, Christopher Nolan, Jordan Peele and Guillermo del Toro apart from others are strong contenders for their films "Dunkirk," "Get Out" and "The Shape of Water."
- In the Animated Feature film section, films like "Ferdinand," "Boss Baby," and "Coco" make an appearance.
- In the category of the best costume designs, the British costume designer Jacqueline Durran is up against herself for "Beauty and the Beast" and "The Darkest Hour."
- Greta Gerwig also went down in the Oscar Nominations 2018 as the fifth female director to be nominated for the Academy Awards.
- Another proud moment for the ladies comes via Rachel Morrison of "Mudbound" who is the first female cinematographer who received an Oscar Nomination!
- It has also been a good year for British artists as 3/5 best actors nominees are Britain's finest talents (if you include Daniel Day-Lewis who has a dual citizenship of the UK and Ireland)
- The Oscar bad luck from 2017 continued as the entire nomination list was accidentally released before time. But definitely, it is unlikely that the Moonlight and La La Land mix-up will reoccur since Oscars are taking tighter measures to ensure seamless execution of the event.
Clearly, the Oscar Nominations 2018 definitely look like a blast. 2018 witnesses the 90th Academy Awards ceremony. The Oscar ceremony will be hosted on March 4, 2018. The host and presenter for this year will be the late night show host, Jimmy Kimmel.
With such an exciting round of Oscar Nominations 2018 declaration, we are definitely pumped and are looking forward to the grand ceremony where the best win what they deserve.